Dragon Astra TLC required

Have you made or bought a converted vehicle if so this is for you
Rory166

Re: Dragon Astra TLC required

Postby Rory166 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Hope this photo triggers fond memories

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127361327 ... 072069521/

As you can see I removed all the cells for testing and here they are along with the two replacements.

Rory
Electric Seicento conversion, Leaf

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Use third gear.
Bottom balance the pack. Go to at least 2.75v and check after a couple of days, if need be re balance. Then charge as a pack, or if not as a pack then log the time and current accurately. They were originally 200ah, so aim for 180ah and see how they go.

Grumpy-b

Rory166

Postby Rory166 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 pm

For the time being I have refitted the best 24 IR cells to the car in the rear compartment only making a wooden block to stop the cells moving about. This is to enable me to remove the front rack for the purposes of replacing the noisy gearbox which is very irritating in use. I also need to connect the voltage sensing to the charger for cells 1-8. I may make this permanent if the range is ok for local use, I can use the cells in another vehicle.

With regard to the controller I am reading about the Zapi system but unfortunately have no manual. It seems I have the regen type but it is certainly not working in regen mode. I found a brief sketch of the circuit on an Australian website. Quite complicated enough to cause arguments between Australians as to how it works. It takes 3 double pole contactors to regen a series motor which needs 4 connections of course and I think the controller has 2 outputs one for field and one for armature. As to why mine does not work well only time and effort will tell. Apparently Interpole motors are to be preferred for regen but I an not sure if the Netgain is one such?

Rory
Electric Seicento conversion, Leaf

Return to “Conversions”