Ceramic Heaters

Have you made or bought a converted vehicle if so this is for you
Alan Ward

thermal insulation

Postby Alan Ward » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:58 pm

There were many good comments about heaters earlier this year, but I can't find anything about thermal insulation. I want to re-build the battery box in the bonnet of our old Fiesta EV. This is a strange-shaped wooden box with warming wires underneath the cells. My wooden box is too bulky and awkward. The neatest way would be to re-arrange five of the TS 200 Ah cells in a pack. But then to fit the pack into the available space I need some thin thermal insulation at each end of the pack:- I would need 2 thermal insulation pieces each about 180 mm wide x 260 mm high, preferably a maximum of 10 mm thick. I have lots of sheets of rigid white expanded plastic and lots of plastic sponge, all saved from old packing crates etc.; but is there anything better than these that I can buy? Alan

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Nikki came across a quilted material which was something like a mix of glassfibre type maerail sandwiched in aluminised plastic foil. I think she said it was sold in packs to insulate garage doors. I dare say she may have some off cuts which would probably suit. I'm sure there's some photos somewhere of her installation when she converted her City El to Lithium. I'll see if I can find the photos online for you.

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Found it

Return to “Conversions”