blingo brake servo pump etc...?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
berlingoian

blingo brake servo pump etc...?

Postby berlingoian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello all....
New boy here who has had 9000 virtually incident free eupdated or smiles.
Lately however since changing brush coincidentally, a few problems have occurred brake servo clearly not working, im assuming there is a vacuum pump somewhere, any clues?
More worrying is sudden power failure last night. eco light came on at 90% and went in to extreme emergency mode. It has come on before at 50% but that was fixed by giving it a drink. it was due for another maintenance charge anyway, so that's what it's getting.
Such a relief to find this forum when the other sites are either not uodated or not available. Some excellent step by step instructions and positive attitudes, which have given me hope all is not lost :-)

Grumpy-b

Re: blingo brake servo pump etc...?

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:37 pm

Look back through the various posts, they will give you a lot of info. You need to chack each battery pack voltage, I explained how to dpo this a couple of times before. Once quite recently. The point is to get the average cell voltage, this then gives you an idea where the duff cell(s) is (are). As to the lack of brakes. Firsts check the 12v aux battery voltage, that may be low and the DC to DC may be struggling if the pack voltage is excessively low. The Vacuum pump is on the Off side under the front wheel arch just behind the lower front battery box. Check the contacts as these can get easily broken and will give the problem you have.
Pumps are non servicable. I do hold second hand spares for most parts, and new brushes .

Grumpy-b

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks for that tip, grumpy.
I can now report, with some relief, that the maintenance charge and 12 litres of fresh distilled water appears to have done the trick :-)

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Now do another charge without doing lots of miles. And after 4 or 5 charges you will have it about as good as its going to get. When you then get the Eco light do the battery voltage checks and post them on here we can then give you some guidance as to which (if any) packs are poor. Glad you are up and running.
Do a maint charge around 2000 to 3000 miles or 500 to 700hrs if you have the Evlite or Planet/ Lexia. Dont leave it until the light comes on thats just too far and does lead to problems with cell damage.
Grumpy-b

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Yup! I admit it was at 750 hrs this time ;-)
Today I did the grandkids school run twice, 15 miles return, charging up each time. Same again tomorrow then and I will risk 40 flat miles on Thursday. Can usually get 45-50 before eco light. So much more to learn.....
Thanks again :-)

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:17 pm

All great plans etc..
Son in law borrowed car for a 20 mile round trip, sadly light came on and lost all power at 23 miles and 51%.
TTypically the multi meter has a low battery now, hahaha!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm

To check the separate battery pack voltages.
1. Take the cover off the control unit and measure the pack voltage on the middle pair of large cables. Note it down
2. Behind the 12v battery take out the Fuse and Barre (French word) on the set of contacts away from the cables (ie in the middle) measure the volatge. Note it down
3. Go to the back of the Van, on the drivers side and remove the fuse and barre from the back pack. Again measure the voltage on the side away from the cables leaving the battery pack. Note it down
4. Call in the help of a friend. Just in front of the rear wheels on the battery pack is a fuse on one side and the barrre on the other. Again on the side away from the cable on both measure the voltage across the middle pack (thats easier with two of you) Note it down.
Put all the fuses and Barres back. and the coover to the control unit.
You now have the required voltages do the calculations.

Overall Pack voltage- front pack-back pack-middle pack= lower front pack.
Take each reading
Top pack divide by 4 =?
Lower front and rear divide each by 6 =?
Middle pack divide by 11 =?

This will tell you what the average voltage of each cell in each pack is.
Now use up some of that power drive it, and repeat the exercise.
Post the results here.
Grumpy-b

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Right, here's the latest.
Charged car as normal set off to obtain new battey for multi meiter and go to a place of safe working.
Light on within 5 miles showing 91%.
Limped the remaining couple of miles in 100 yard bursts, very slowly. Evlite shiwing diwn to 134 volts.
Anyway took following readings before getting called away, will continue tomorrow....

Total voltage. 171..
Reading 2). 25.8 divided by 4 =6.45
". 3). 38.7. ". 6 =6.45
". 4). 68.3. " 11=6.209

Lower pack 39.2. ". 6=6.53

Fault codes E0 , Q0

I'm now looking out for a pallet truck as I'm assuming the middle pack is where the trouble is......

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 pm

They look quite good. Ideally you need to do the voltage checks immediately after the cut out occurs when the cells are at their lowest voltages. But 6.45v is quite good, so that would suggest that you have one or two weak cells inthe centre pack.
Have you found my past threads about removing the packs. Even if you dont have enough decent cells to put back, I would suggest that you drop the rear and then the Middle pack Check the middle packs under load (I simply use an old starter motor drawing around 40 to 50 amps) and then swap out the poor cells from decent ones into the rear pack. That way when you do get decent cells you only have to drop the rear pack. Test the whole of the rear pack as well. What you also need to do is to make sure the cells can be separated, so take off the separate links, just to ensure that none of the cells have been melted together or are holed.
I have done this a few times but it takes me around 1.5 hr to get the rear pack out repaired and replaced, with the centre pack taking up to 4 hrs, depending upon how the various parts come to pieces.
Assuming the packs havnt been out recently spray all the bolts / nuts on the cable trays etc with WD 40 and wire brush the threads you can get to the day before you try and do the work. Also before you start Take out each of the battery bolts and copper slip them, then you dont have the problem of getting the pack supported and only able to get 3/4 of the bolts out. Be especially careful of the rear pack bolts, if they are very tight you can wring off the internal captive nut, but at least its square and you can hold it with a spanner if it wrings off.
Good luck
Grumpy-b

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks for yr prompt responses!
I've started a new thread as well to widen debate.
What surprises me is with such reasonabe readings (6.5ish) for most of cells my range is so low :-(

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”