power meter problems

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
harry morris

power meter problems

Postby harry morris » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:34 pm

Hello everyone, iv'e got a really lovely white berlingo which i intend changing over to lithium during 2014 having spent £600 on four really good NiCADS only three of the 27 batteries turned out to be faulty two in the dreaded centre pack and one in the front lower pack !!!
This vehicle is doing a dismal 20 miles per charge, now I know it's winter and lower mileage per charge is expected but my old faithful (shiny) red van is no bother doing 35 miles per charge and the batteries are over 11 years old.
Now as far as i can see this white van is NOT charging FULLY the eco light comes on at 65% and the van runs out of steam a mile or two later, I jacked it up on SATURDAY front wheels off the ground, put a brick on the accelerator and flattened the battery pack altogether !!!
Power meter reading 60% so I put it on charge and in LESS than TWO HOURS fully charged to 100% this is crazy, my eVlite shows 60% charge 148 volts and 63% on the power meter ! I just can't get the power meter down to ZERO, have tried pulling a traction fuse which seems to make matters worse,, disconnected 12 volt battery, unplugged multi pin on the controller all to no affect, anyone got any ideas ? im'e convinced if i can get the power meter down to zero the van will charge properly for 8 hours as it should, cheers HARRY MORRIS

Grumpy-b

Re: power meter problems

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 pm

If its had cells changed, do a maintenance charge and water. Or if already watered do a balance charge. If it shuts down early then it can be because the temperature has gone high in the top battery sensor. Tha high temp will also cause the eco light to come on and the van shut down. Look at what the evilite show the temp to be on the first screen.

Grumpy-b

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Are thanks GRUMPS, I have carried out maintenance and balance charges but this other thing, the sensor in the top battery box may be the answer.
I checked the temperature on the Evlite when the batteries were stone cold yesterday and the reading was 12 degrees what temperature should I be looking for when the van is in use? Cheers HARRY MORRIS.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:45 am

If it gets into the 30s I think your starting to get into trouble. I did a thread on this some time ago. If I get time I will try and find it. I have done repairs on these sensors for some years, but I have to have yours first, unfortunately I had one member who never returned the faulty item, so I no longer do it as an exchange where I send the part and you return the faulty one.
If not used the battery voltage lags a bit behind ambient, so put it on charge again and see what it does on the temp front.

Grumpy-b

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:19 pm

O K GRUMPS, I will check both vans over this new year hols so I can compare my well behaved ( shiny ) red van with this badly behaved white van.
So look at the battery temps at say the start of a maintenance charge and check say after 12 hours and again when the pack is pulsing having finished the maintenance charge !!!
Cheers HARRY.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Previous thread on the temp sensor
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3347

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”