Help wanted

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
harry morris

Help wanted

Postby harry morris » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:28 am

Hello everyone, I am in the process of converting a 2001 van to lead acid batteries as I can't get any NiCads as you know they're like hens teeth to get hold of and lithium at £11,000 for a ten year old van would be plain daft, the van has NO batteries in it at all but everything else is in place.
Now I need to know which is the number one battery in the set of four packs and which is number two and so on also the polarity of the cables coming from the fuses is it positive or negative??? I would be glad of any help as I don't want to put the batteries in the wrong way round! am putting 168 volts of lead acids in at 150 amps, cheers HARRY MORRIS

MB

Re: Help wanted

Postby MB » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:56 am

I have no idea how to do it, but please document what you do and take lots of photographs, in order to help other people in the future.

As you say, lead acid batteries is the only cheap way to go with these vehicles. The real benefit is that this will keep older electric cars on the road instead of scrapping them, which isn't an exactly environmentally friendly option.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:18 pm

MB wrote:I have no idea how to do it, but please document what you do and take lots of photographs, in order to help other people in the future.

As you say, lead acid batteries is the only cheap way to go with these vehicles. The real benefit is that this will keep older electric cars on the road instead of scrapping them, which isn't an exactly environmentally friendly option.

O K MIKE will do just need to know where to start!!!! cheers HARRY

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:16 am

Hello Harry. I'll pop outside after lunch and check for you.
Tim Crumpton

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:30 am

timpootle wrote:Hello Harry. I'll pop outside after lunch and check for you.

Thanks TIM, I think the number one battery is under the bonnet No 2 is front lower No3 large centre (my new No 4 is in the load bay behind the seats 5 batts here) and the rearmost is now No 5 I hope this is right, 14 batteries 168 volts nominal at 150 amps, cheers HARRY

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”