Peugeot 106 electric is now on the road.

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
John Kay

Peugeot 106 electric is now on the road.

Postby John Kay » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Just a quick not to say I have fixed my 106 Electric. I replaced the IGBT module with a new part obtained from an electronics dealer in Shanghai, it cost £45 for two new Toshiba units. I dismantled the control box desoldered the 4 wires and re assembled the box. The car would still not run so I purchased the Peugeot planet software and the multiplexer unit that connects to the car’s ECU. The fault codes were re set and the car ran. I have now been to work along the M56 several times and out and about round Stockport. The range is exactly as specified in the book at around 65 miles and it would appears the more I use the car it is getting slightly better. The main thing I have noticed that it is hills that are the killer and how steep certain sections of the M56 are.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Great news 8)

Seems these IGBT's are quite a normal failure, one has to wonder why they are dieing and if theres anything we can do stop this i.e is it a flash over that causes them to die ??

Yep its amasing how you suddenly notice hills in an EV isnt it , a shallow rise that you wouldnt even notice in a ICE vehcile suddenly seems to become a 1-8 hill for an EV :lol:

Yep the range will improve as you use it if its been stood about for a while, dont forget to check the batteries Overcharge Ah and to water them during a maint charge.

The Planet software and multiplxer unit sounds interesting, I presume it plugs in via the normal OBD port of the vehicle, do you happen to know if there are any parameters that can be changed within the ECU of the Pug ?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

John Kay

106 on the road

Postby John Kay » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Chris, Thanks for the reply, I did buy two IGBT modules just in case. The Planet/ Lexia software does allow you to plug in to the ECU and change most parameters at will. I have re set Tim’s Berlingo and cleared his fault lamp. I will have a look next time as you can print out reports to wireless network printer with all the details of the work/changes done.

If anyone in the area wants to have a look at their ECU I would be more than happy to help.

ChrisB

Re: 106 on the road

Postby ChrisB » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:46 pm

John Kay wrote: The Planet/ Lexia software does allow you to plug in to the ECU and change most parameters at will..

Ah now that could be VERY useful, especially for "adjusting" charge routines :wink:

ChrisB

cianof

Postby cianof » Fri May 01, 2009 11:11 am

Congratulations on getting back up and running.

Would be interested to know what additional options the Lexia-3 offers you?

They seem relatively cheap on ebay.

Joe T

Postby Joe T » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:26 pm

The Lexia3 software offers a lot in the way of diagnostics and information.

All the warning lights and gauges can be tested.
Relays for function including cooling fans.
All parts of the heater can be activated and tested.
ECU Chip test.
Battery charge rate 10A 13A 14A
Lots of data on battery and charge cycles including water and AH reset etc
Battery data whilst driving or charging, temp, load, balance.

I have a had a look at the Proxia software but it require a lot of the actual car your testing info to be input to get through the various screen etc

I would say Lexia is more suited to the enthusiast as it takes a while to get a grip of, I would also say I am only 2/3 through its capabilities, but I have been using on other citroens as well.

Joe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Ah thats interesting, seems similar to what a Diag unit can do then.

Theres no actual way on it to get down to programing level then i.e charge regime's or current output limiting, speed restriction sensing etc ??

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”