Repairs: Brake vaccum being lost

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
francois

vacum pump cut off

Postby francois » Sat May 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Found a leak on the cut off switch,which made the vacum pump run almost continously.The leak was coming from a moulding seam,i suspect this could be a manufacturing fault or weak point.Fixed problem myself so no new parts needed

Richard Elliott

Postby Richard Elliott » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Some time ago this thread on the Berlingo vaccuum brake system was discussed. I still have the problem with the sensor not causing the pump to cut in when the initial vaccuum gets used up. It's a problem I live with - just have to press the brake pedal harder! I was passing the Citroen agent in Torquay today so popped in to see if he would order me the necessary part. I was expecting it to cost an arm and a leg and it does - they want to charge £195-98 plus VAT. Now, to the point, a couple of entries back (but a good while ago) I'm warned that they sell the pump and sensor separately and to watch out what bit I order. But the man at Citroen wants to sell me the whole unit and doesn't reckon the sensor is available on its own. Is he right or is he talking tosh. To be fair its the first time anybody has ever asked him for an E500 part as they don't see any others in the area and have never had anything to do with mainaining them. Somewhere at the back of my mind I had a price of around £70 as the likely cost - more bearable than £230+

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 am

Yep think Rob got the sensor on its own, I suspect if you could get it out a cheap oem part could be sourced :wink:

As you say £200 quid is a joke really.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:35 pm

The peugeot part numbers which cross over to Citroen exactly are
Pump only 4563 37
Vacuun switch 4565 48

Might be worth getting a price for the parts from either dealership.
I can let you have a .pdf of the parts listing if you send me a PM with your e-mail address

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”