PSA Peugeot 106 Electric

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 pm

arsharpe wrote:I am interested in at least a couple of sets.

Do you know if the brushes are compatible with the 106 version (which I have just purchased) ?

Kept that quiet :shock:

So come on spill the beans then

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:08 am

Nothing much to spill at the moment ;-)

I always wanted a 106 with the 4 seats in the more traditional car format.
So the Berlingo was always a interim compromise until a 106 come up. But then it was like busses with 2 at once after a full year of waiting.
Also Sylvia never really took to the Berlingo.

It came up on ebay when we in Cyprus, so there was a quick dash around to find a normal 106 to sit in, etc. Sylvia was quit taken with it so we bid for it. Interestingly my first initial max bid was £25 more than the max of anyone else. I so wanted it that I got up in the middle of the night and added another £500.

Anyway, it was in Tyne and Wear so had to get someone to transport down. Found SJS Vehicle Transport who were very reasonably priced, friendly and reliable. He also exchanged the money and checked the VIN number, etc. I will post his details elsewhere. Interestingly his name is "Steve Sharp". The surname caused some confusion to start with :-)

So the 106 is for Sylvia and so has been suitably named "Penny the Pugnaught". Unfortunately, Sylvia sent the log book off to DLVA before we taxed it :roll: So we have to wait for the log book to return before we can offically drive it, etc. It is in very good condition (e.g. doors are nice and tight, etc). Just need to sort the warning light out.

I will post any information I find on forum as usual.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:16 pm

Be interesting to see how you get on with it as I think they are less powerful than the Blingo, with a smaller motor and less batteries :?

ChrisB

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Well, just a quick update.

Took it out yesterday for the first time.

Nice 'tight' drive and handling.
There are a couple of inclines near us that the Berlingo would max out at 45 mph and the 106 went up at about 42. I normally drive the Berlingo at green/orange threshold max on eco-meter. The 106 when driving mid-orange was slightly less acceleration, but not much.

Seems very low to the ground, almost like a sports car. Especially when compared with the Berlingo.

Only did 15 miles before low charge light came on. I am hoping that it just need watering.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:44 pm

arsharpe wrote:Well, just a quick update.

There are a couple of inclines near us that the Berlingo would max out at 45 mph and the 106 went up at about 42. I normally drive the Berlingo at green/orange threshold max on eco-meter. The 106 when driving mid-orange was slightly less acceleration, but not much.

Seems very low to the ground, almost like a sports car. Especially when compared with the Berlingo.

Yep the blingo is very much a sit up and beg van espcially compared to the likes of the 106.

arsharpe wrote:Only did 15 miles before low charge light came on. I am hoping that it just need watering.

:shock: thats not so good, personally I'd end the auction on the Blingo and keep it for the batteries :wink: I'd say you've got at least one or more batteries down in it :cry: , you need to check the crate voltages once the recharge light comes on and see what you have.

ChrisB

EVan

Postby EVan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 am

arsharpe wrote:Well, just a quick update.

Only did 15 miles before low charge light came on. I am hoping that it just need watering.

Sorry Rob, watering doesn't make any noticeable difference to the capacity. It might improve slightly with use, but it sounds as though you have a few bad cells to sort out (at least).

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 am

......does sound very much how my Blingo was when I first got it, I did manage to doube the range to about 32miles with lots of short gentle runs.......well until one of the front batteries exploded :cry:

ChrisB

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:13 am

I am just about to place an order for brushes and expect to get them before Xmas (they make them to order.

If anyone else would like a set, please let me know.

I expect the price to be about £17 - £18 but as the euro has strengthened it makes all european purchase a bit more expensive this could be a little higher.

John

PM me please.

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:23 am

Just a quick update. I watered the batteries successfully and we got 49 miles range, which I think is about correct.

Interestingly, the same thing happened on my second Berlingo, i.e.

Berlingo - 20 mile range went to 60 mile.
106 - 15 mile range went to 49 mile.

I am almost convinced now that when left for a long time (many months) water evapourates from the batteries (but the ECU does not know about it). Hence, the need to do a proper watering.

EVan

Postby EVan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:26 am

arsharpe wrote:Just a quick update. I watered the batteries successfully and we got 49 miles range, which I think is about correct.

Interestingly, the same thing happened on my second Berlingo, i.e.

Berlingo - 20 mile range went to 60 mile.
106 - 15 mile range went to 49 mile.

I am almost convinced now that when left for a long time (many months) water evapourates from the batteries (but the ECU does not know about it). Hence, the need to do a proper watering.

Again, I think it's more down to exercising and charging the batteries properly. This is why I recommend manually starting a balance charge if the vehicle has been sitting for a while.

How much water did it actually take?

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”