Insurance

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Joe T

Postby Joe T » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Grumpy-b wrote:The genuine seat mounting is actually welded to the side of the U channel below the mount. If you buy the cross member from PSA the mounts are already attached.An alternative would be to make the bar a deep u section and drill two holes in the bottom of the channel. push the u through. One could then not only fix at the top like the pictures but weld around the ends of the bar where they go through. Only issue would be the close proximity to the Petrol tank.

Grumpy-b

I guessed they would have been attached on more than just the surface of the floorpan originally, so despite plug welding being strong enough it would not be as strong as the original design. But then who would know whats going on underneath from a visual inspection etc. But you can imagine the dilema for the inspector or Engineer.

ChrisB

Re: Insurance

Postby ChrisB » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Just thought I'd bring this one to the top again.

Got my insurance renewal again, details below.

£170.61
Fully Comp
Limited 3000 miles
Agreed Value £3000

£200 Excess

4yrs NCB

I dont think this is too bad really, this is with Adrian Flux.

Can you remember what you paid ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

tim.strutt

Re: Insurance 2010 renewal

Postby tim.strutt » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Chris, yes its that time of the year for us too, I did mean to reply in June...Looks like you consitently get reasonable quotes, maybe it's an age thing :D

We have two e500s (one 2 seat, one 4 seat) and a landrover due for renewal with the NFU.

They've recently (last year) changed from classing the Berlingos on their system as "Multispaces" on a car policy, and now have them as Electriques on the commercial policy side - which means bad news on a policy change as they are moved onto the same policy as the landrover.

The premiums are up from c 210 to c 350 each, and you loose ability to drive other vehicles on third party cover amongst other changes when they are on commercial policies. I've not renewed the "migrated", 2 seat van as I'm looking for other pure van insurers, and may convert it to multiseat using a purpose built fold down bench affair with lap belts if I can make it so that I don't lose load bed space when stowed flat... If its saves c£150/year its also worth haveing the added flexibilty.

Remaining (serviceable) van is still with the NFU, as for some wonderful reason they still class it as a Multispace (rear seat conversion - letter with details of conversion and their MOT station details are now on record). I am surprised about this as some time ago I was told they would all be moved to commercial Van policies, even the ones with a seat/window conversion - but they have the correct details on file so I'm not complaining, and its c £220 (after NFU mutul bonus, sdp. no annual limit.)

In 2008 I had been told by Footman James that they would allow seat conversions. Not now, the underwriters will not offer cover on a rear seat conversion - a recent change apparently, despite them having my details on record as quoting with a conversion in 2008.

Earlier I tried the Pluginsure Quick Quote page, ( http://www.pluginsure.co.uk/Get_A_Quote ... ck&Mode=PC) for a van and it appears no matter what I change the premium is £315 inc taxes for a van covered for business use with "Eclessiastical"..... If I use the very simple Car quote for sdp use it returns £217.36 inc. Looks like its worth an email to enquiries@pluginsure.co.uk to see if this is as simple as its SHOULD be... :roll: i.e. simply converting it with the bench seat affair I picked up some time ago but didn't fit as it only has lap belts...

I wonder if we could do with a sticky on current insurers and restrictions..?

TimS

ChrisB

Re: Insurance 2010 renewal

Postby ChrisB » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 pm

tim.strutt wrote:Chris, yes its that time of the year for us too, I did mean to reply in June...Looks like you consitently get reasonable quotes, maybe it's an age thing :D

I do seem to get what I think are fairly good quotes but dont forget my limited mileage on it.

Rather than make a sicky I've added this thread to the FAQ post so it can be easily found at a later date, is that OK do you think ??

ChrisB

Joe T

Postby Joe T » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:11 am

My renewal with churchill is £240 but thats unlimited mileage fully comp, several drivers and full no claims protection.

More importantly for me its corectly insured as a van with extra seats etc.

Cheers

Joe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:09 am

And here we are again

This years offering from Flux's

£180.78
Fully Comp
Limited 3000 miles
Agreed Value £3000
£200 Excess
5yrs NCB
New this year, can drive other cars 3rd party :?

So its up a tenner on last years figure, cant really complain, my main thing is the agreed value as if they clasified it as a old T-reg Berlingo Van it would mean I'd get about £1.50 if anything ever happened to it

ChrisB

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:49 pm

My Multispace, is £380 with NFU. Full business use for myself and wife. Modified special insurance, which others so far wouldnt cover. No mileage limitations.
Up a lot on last year. But did manage to get a £40 reduction by moaning.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 am

Grumpy-b wrote:My Multispace, is £380 with NFU. Full business use for myself and wife. Modified special insurance, which others so far wouldnt cover. No mileage limitations.
Up a lot on last year. But did manage to get a £40 reduction by moaning.

Grumpy-b

So about double the amount for unlimited use, seems fair, as mines a second vehicle it doesnt get a massive use and I normally just make the 3000 miles a year, last year was just over 2500 due to a lot of work being outside its range so I ended up having to take the oil burner.

Still 2500 EV miles will have still saved me a shed load of money in fuel costs 8)

ChrisB

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Both of ours have unlimited mileage and we do at least 10k on each. My insurance with co-op on my van is much cheaper though.Its not due till august so I will see how much that rises. I expect a significant rise.

Grumpy-b

cianof

Postby cianof » Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Wow, insurance is much cheaper in the UK than here in Ireland.

I just paid £460.04 for insurance. Social domestic and pleasure & commuting. :x

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”