Its been a while - looking for advice

An area for the most popular EV in years, and her sisters
Flying John
Site Staff

Its been a while - looking for advice

Postby Flying John » Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 pm

I am hoping to collect a Leaf from the south coast next week and since I last owned an EV I think the arrangements for charge points has changed. I have an old ecotricity charge card but it was free when I last used it - over a year ago. I need to work my way up from Bournemouth, Southampton, M3, M25 to North Kent and although I can see the "ZAP MAP" I have no idea how one goes about arranging to get a charge from these points.

Do you need a subscription, or can you just drive up and charge for free, or do you have to pre-register.

Advice would be most welcome as its about 190 mile trip and the range is likely to be around 75 - 80 miles.

TIA
JOhn

timpootle

Re: Its been a while - looking for advice

Postby timpootle » Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Hello John

Just noticed this. How did you get on?

The modern world demands a smartphone. Ecotricity cards are redundant except for a very few 7kW posts around the country. To use the 50kW rapid chargers you need to use the app on either an android or apple device. Ask me more if it's still relevant.
Tim Crumpton

Flying John
Site Staff

Re: Its been a while - looking for advice

Postby Flying John » Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 pm

All sorted thanks Tim, stopped at Fleet services with the Ecotricity App and then Nissan Aldershot for a freebie, all eemed too easy. So new (pre-loved) Leaf back home now, I did miss the first one.

Return to “Nissan LEAF, NV200”