EVIE parts now available

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

Grumpy-b

EVIE parts now available

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:44 am

I have finally negotiated an arrangement to purchase the last of the remaining spare parts that ECC hold for the C1 Evie. These will be in my hands over the next week.
I will be able to supply, many of the parts, but some (generally the ones I have been re making/ making alternatives) just dont exist. Others are only for the final versions, and so may need modifications to be used on earlier cars. (ie, BMS cabling as the BMS was put under the boot floor in the last versions). The stock does include all the metalwork, battery boxes, covers, cables, even some of the original stickers.

I also now hold stock of more universal items (Not all ex ECC) such as HPEVs Motors (New AC50, assorted used but mostly AC31), curtis controllers, Vacuum pumps, refurbished zivan chargers either 25+ cell or 32+ cells (Some are new but have now been converted back to standard specification and fitted with the Lifepo4 charge profile), and new but old stock 160ah Thunderskys (I hold around 50 in stock, others can take ten days to get in). I can not supply used Thundersky cells at the moment.
So owners of Evies can look forward to a few years of continued support and spares.

Grumpy-b

Grumpy-b

Re: EVIE parts now available

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:28 pm

I have now purchased the remaing stock of BMS boards from the circuit board makers. So all the car specific parts are now available for the C1 evie.

Grumpy-b

techmind

Postby techmind » Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 am

Grumpy-b wrote:
I also now hold stock of more universal items (Not all ex ECC) such as HPEVs Motors (New AC50, assorted used but mostly AC31), curtis controllers, Vacuum pumps, refurbished zivan chargers either 25+ cell or 32+ cells
Grumpy-b

I am building a custom version now of the c1 EVie, using another cell chemistry, and I am a little curious, the c1 with ac50 engine do this version use a curtis 1238-7601 motor controller ?

If yes, how much for a set: ac50 and 1238-7601

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu May 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Yes they used the AC50 and 7501, I have just sold the last of the motors and controllers I had, they were on ebay for £2200.
Curtis now sell the 1239e series which are about £1600+vat each just for the controller. I would continue to use the ac31 as it has a torque curve with a higher rev range than the AC 50, and is capable of a lot more than how its setup in the C1. But with a higher ah available and higher current setting even the 6501 is capable of a significantly greater performance but does need a much better heat control/ cooling syetem to run at higher currents.

techmind

Postby techmind » Fri May 26, 2017 5:57 pm

okay, sounds interesting with your choice. How high have you tried to give the 6501 version/ac31? Cooling should be possible to find a solution fore.
But ´what about the coupler, can they handle the higher torque? I have spare part c1,but i am going to build a custom version of this one anyway, so may do some extra to get better performance

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri May 26, 2017 6:30 pm

The controller can handle over 500a if the battery pack can deliver it. As to the coupler, I build a replacement and so would not have a concern. I would not use the original one as most are now fairly worn . They really have to be perfectly aligned, which many motors and gearboxes are not well aligned, and many have the small location dowle pins missing, and hence the wear.

techmind

Postby techmind » Wed May 31, 2017 5:47 am

yes, aliment pins was also missing in my c1, they must be added. I have a spare car, and extra curtis 1238 with original curtis os12/setup, i think i should experiment with higher voltage on that car. on my daily driver c1 i have two extra cells, helped for more torque, think i will go fore a setup where curtis is disabled when charging, so voltage can go up to close to fully charged, and over 100volt at charge. I have some LiNiCoMnO2 cells, they can deliver more power than the original thundersky. Sounds like the coupler you have are stronger than the danish replacement i use in my daily driver

techmind

Postby techmind » Wed May 31, 2017 5:50 am

if i have 100 volt and over 500 amps, the car could have more than 60 hp, that would change the performance alot
Last edited by techmind on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed May 31, 2017 7:28 am

The absolute maximum for the 5601 is 105v. Thats both power and regen, so if you have a 100v system, you wont be able to use any regen, as it will go above 105v almost immediately. If these cells are so good why not just have greater AH and higher constant current rather than push the voltage towards the limit.
If using higher constant current then you will have to upgrade the Curtis heatsink, increase the current rating of the main contactor, as well as increase the cable size throughout. The cars were built for a limited specification and there is not much additional capacity in the components for significant upgrades.
In the UK Citroen/ Peugeot only sell the alignment pins in packs of 10, Toyota sell the singly.

techmind

Postby techmind » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:06 pm

The cells are now arranged in packs of 24x2 =89volt normal, and works very well in the car with the standard curtis setup.
Think i should start trying you advice with 89volt, more amps and heatsink/maybee liquid cooling of curtis.

Also thanks for info about the alignment pins,from toyota, last time i made my own, but in this car, i prefer using more on the coupler/alignment/encoder.

But first thing to get out of the beta sandbox is a 12 cell mcu driven bms pcb i have been working on for my ev's

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”