ECCPLC have ceased trading

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

jonham1

Re: ECCPLC have ceased trading

Postby jonham1 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Matt

It does seem a bit low compared to yours,I will try that switching it on and off a few times see if it helps.I have noticed some time when charging it, seems to be on for hours and does not go any higher than 95% but if I switch it off for a couple of hours, then switch it back on again within 15-20 minutes it goes up to 100%. But even at 100% the voltage is still only 86 or thereabouts.It's a shame Mart does not live closer could get him to check settings of my controller.I think when ECC changed my BMS I think they also changed the controller and the charger as it seems to take longer to charge than it used to.Anyway will do some tests and will be in touch Cheers John

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi Matt

Done some tests and when pulling away voltage goes down to 72v then when stopped comes back up to 84-86v, tried turning it on and off a few times after charging but does not seem to make any difference,the highest voltage i get is 87v.
Can't get individual cell voltages since new BMS,so may have low cell some ware.I could check cells under bonnet with multimeter but can't check ones at the back.Ok Matt what do think?

John

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi John,

I think your pack is okay. I expect that when they changed the BMS they have setp the finishing voltage to be slightly lower than mine. The voltage drop sounds about right for this cold weather. Glad you tried to turn it off and back on a few times and got a slightly higher voltage.

On my car, when the voltage gets to 86 volts it climbs very quickly to the 102 volt mark - it gets to this within a couple of minutes so I think your pack is fully charged.

What is the performance like when you drive. My car is pretty nippy up to the 30 mph mark and is fairly slow in getting up to the 65 mph top speed. If I am on a slight incline then the car doesn't usually get to the top speed.

Matt

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi Matt

The performance is same as yours,but top speed only 60 since the new BMS before took it down the motorway got about 65 and still accelerating think i would have got 70 easy.So think they didn't set up controller properly,glad you think my pack is ok.Have to see if anyone local has got handheld device to set controller or see if i can download software and lash it up to my pc maybe!! Charged it yesterday left it overnight and put it on charge again this morning and voltage has gone up to 95 think that's as high as it will go.

John

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi John, Good news that your pack went up as high as 95 volts. That is definitly more like a full charge.

Where about are your in the country. I am in south Hampshire and I believe Mart is in Wiltshire. I am not sure where Grumpy-b is located though. I only mention these 2 members as I know they have to ability to program the controllers.

Matt

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:03 pm

If its of any help, im in Suffolk Between Ipswich and Colchester.

Grumpy-b

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi All

I live in Solihull West Midlands about 6 miles from Birmingham, so quite away from everyone. Wonder if there is anyone local to me that could program my controller?

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”