AA Membership

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Grumpy-b

AA Membership

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:41 am

Two years ago I took out AA membership with relay, for my wife and myself, with any vehicle cover. It cost around £98 and was used a couple of times to get our EVs home. When it was time for renewal the cost had gone up around 20+% to about £120. I complained and got it for the previous year cost. This year it had jumped to £169 with a special 25% decrease to £143. I complained that an increase of over 45% was just not accepatble. They offered me the online price of £119. I suggested they go forth and multiply. I then complained via email and got two responses, one suggesting I go away, the other saying they had a retention team who would contact me in due course. They didnt, so I called and complained, and eventually they came back with a £106 annual fee.
So if you are an AA Member and object to the huge price hikes, complain, complain and complain again.
As an EV user I do feel I need such a service as Relay, and it is much cheaper to have cover like this than getting your vehicle recovered. Three years ago it cost me £120 to get my Berlingo electrique recovered and taken 20miles to my home.

Grumpy-b

jamesingram

Re: AA Membership

Postby jamesingram » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 pm

have you had a look at the ETA , I've got 3 vehicles covered for around £195 breakdown , recovery, car hire. . They lobby for improved environmental transport policy, if that sort of thing floats your boat :wink: https://www.eta.co.uk/breakdown/car/
Sorry if this seem like a ad , I just like publicising stuff I believe to be a potentially 'better' option than the same old run of the mill unenlightened money making machine.
cheers Jim

Grumpy-b

Re: AA Membership

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Ours covers two people for any car we may have. So not restricted to any particular vehicle.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”