A very poorly Aixam Mega City

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Colcam1

Re: A very poorly Aixam Mega City

Postby Colcam1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:15 am

Hello Grumpy-b

I did realise that a single solar panel or a couple of 12V batteries boosted up through the DC-DC to 55V would never really replace charging off the mains, the idea was to see just how much, if only a bit extra mileage I could coax out of the batteries. This would be more like a small reserve petrol tank.
I did think along the lines of using a small generator, but being as the charger requires around 2Kw at the peak of it's charge the generator would have to be quite big (and it runs on petrol same as my Polo does) so it would be defeating the object of the exercise altogether. So I am still looking for another motor or I will have to go for the rewind sometime in the new year.

Thanks for replying

woofy

Postby woofy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi, I see an mega aixam for sale on e bay ,321267151062, for parts or repair!
woofy

Colcam1

Postby Colcam1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:54 am

Hello Woofy

I have sent a message to that seller to see if he wants to sell the motor separate. Think lucky and you'll be lucky. (It's never worked yet)

Thanks for the reply

LJFaragher

Postby LJFaragher » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi
Did you get the City+ electric fixed? I have a Mega City Electric+ surplus to requirements. I now have a Nissan Leaf.
Aixam: I paid £4800 in July 2012. First reg 2009. Batteries got tired when it started to get cold so I replaced them with a lucas equvalent (stlill AGM and 6mm thread.) So batteies are just over 1 yr old. I had an issue in very heavy rain/flooding that it lost reverse drive on two occasions. Happened after torrential downpoar. Everything else clean and tidy. To be honest I just want to be rid. Currently kept in a garage and charged every night. pm me at bvs@faragher.me.uk if interested. Open to offers. Or tel 0116 2386620
Laurence

Colcam1

Postby Colcam1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 am

Hello

Just in case folks think I ignored the last post from Laurence I did in fact send him a private message. Yes I still have the little Aixam and yes I am still looking for a motor/s for it. I have now extended the search by looking for internal 19 spline coupling motors and most of them look to be fitted to golf buggies. So I am now trying to find where on earth there are any scrap golf buggies or do they disappear like old mobile phones and calculators !!

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”