Nissan sets out to ‘turn on' one million people to electric

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Kevin Sharpe

Nissan sets out to ‘turn on' one million people to electric

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:07 pm

"Nissan sets out to ‘turn on' one million people to electric driving and reward one city with improved infrastructure"

http://www.newsroom.nissan-europe.com/uk/en-gb/Media/Media.aspx?mediaid=90869

http://the-big-turn-on.co.uk/
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

theinsightfullone

Re: Nissan sets out to ‘turn on' one million people to elect

Postby theinsightfullone » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:50 am

Nissan are going to have to up their game then. If they are serious about changing peoples perceptions they need to offer more than a 10min test drive.

I spoke with Nissan about a 48hr test drive to see if the car fitted in with our requirement to be told there was little chance of that happening.

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 am

Nissan also need to have more branches able to sell and service their Leaf!

The nearest branch to us is over 70 miles away and that is too far to travel for a service or for any minor problems that might occur!
Proven 6kW Wind Turbine
3.8 kW Solar PV

Rory166

Postby Rory166 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:22 pm

Well Nissan seem to be doing pretty well to me. Most service areas have their fast chargers. What will happen when lots of people start using them I am not sure. I must have charged about 10 times in the last 48 hours and waited twice for other leafs to finish.

Rory
Electric Seicento conversion, Leaf

flaninacupboard

Postby flaninacupboard » Thu May 29, 2014 2:52 pm

There's a few planning applications up for doubling up to two units. IMO that's not enough. With Nissan registering a few hundred Leafs a month, and i3 surely soon in similar numbers, there will soon enough be queues at peak times.

paulob1

Postby paulob1 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:10 pm

yes they will come, I now always find a second car at the motorway charging points...I know ecotricity are upping the numbers but eventually they will need to be at every parking spot on the service station...still have to say that we need a minimum 50kw battery in every car, 22kw is just not enough...

with 50 kws okay the weight would be significant but who cares, the tesla manages with a weight of over 2 tons...a zoe with a 50kw battery would be I guess about 1750 kg's, big deal..make it come on Renault Nissan build the car we need...with a range of guarantees 200 miles on a charge it would make the cars massively practical, and with simple chargers all over the place the ability to travel in them improves all the time...

icefree

Re: Nissan sets out to ‘turn on' one million people to electric

Postby icefree » Sun May 08, 2016 6:29 pm

4 years on from the op and 2 years since the last post.
How are folks thoughts on the Leaf now? i`m sure some of you bought in?
I test drove one last year and loved it,just way out of my reach funds wise.
The charging infrastructure seems to be coming along, albeit with some problems,but still.

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”