New Tata Indica Vista EV

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
MB

New Tata Indica Vista EV

Postby MB » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 am

You may have seen in the news that the new Tata Indica Vista EV is now in production, being built in Coventry. If you missed it, here is the BBC report on it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co ... e-12850454

The first 25 cars have now been handed over to tame customers. I am one of the first people to get my paws on one. They're not actually production cars - mine is one of the pre-production cars and it is being very closely monitored by Tata to make sure everything works well. So far, the results have been pretty positive.

Its a good car with lots of interior space. The car can cruise quite happily at 70mph and performs reasonably well. Range is good - I've clocked up just under 80 miles on one charge and I've driven it quite long distances on a few occasions now. Assuming it is priced competitively, Tata could well have a success on its hands with this car.
008.jpg
Tata Indica Vista
008.jpg (168.22 KiB) Viewed 24053 times
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

subevo

Re: New Tata Indica Vista EV

Postby subevo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 am

too expensive imho.£25000-£30000 minus £5grand gov incentive.
i might consider one if i could get it for £15000.

gorazd.G

Postby gorazd.G » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Hello MB,

I must say the car looks nice, but I'm a bit skeptic about sales after I've seen the price. How much kWh of batteries are in it. I'm mostly concerned with the interior and the finishing not living up to the stated price. If you buy a car for € 30k you don't expect handles to be braking off, or the body to become rusty...

What's your judgement after trying it...is it worth it?
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

http://www.in-wheel.com/

djmidg

Postby djmidg » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:35 pm

It does rather look a bit tinny. Given it's up against the Nissan Leaf, how can they realistically think it's going to storm the market??!! :lol:

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”