Research into the real-world use of EVs

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
JoanneB

Research into the real-world use of EVs

Postby JoanneB » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Hello all

I am a new member of the BVS. I am conducting research into how EVs are used in the real world and am looking for volunteers to be investigated.

I am looking at how EVs are used, re-charged and driven by real people in the real world. The research will add to the existing scientific and technological knowledge on EVs and provide a more detailed picture to those in the EV and electrical distribution industries.

My fieldwork will start after the new year and will involve me coming to visit you to observe you driving the EV and also an interview about your EV and how you use it. I cover my own expenses and I will try and come at a time that suits you.

I am researching pure-electric cars and vans, pure-electric scooters, and also plug-in hybrids. The research will look at the humans who use, build, drive and love their EVs, and will provide an insight not only into EV technology but into the people who use them.

Please email me to register your interest in being involved (there is no obligation at this, or indeed any, stage of the research) or just to ask a question. I am ever so grateful to all my volunteers so far, from this and other forums.

Thanks

Joanne

P.s. If you want more information you can go to the Durham University website, department of Anthropology, Postgraduate student links, and click on Mrs Joanne Brady.

JoanneB

Big Thanks

Postby JoanneB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:20 am

Just to say a big thank you to all my volunteers so far from this forum and from the newsletter. I am hoping to start visiting all of them as soon as the weather permits. There is still room for more volunteers, so please contact me if you are interested.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Joanne

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm

No problems Joanne , looking forward to your visit 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

3xe - electric cars

Postby 3xe - electric cars » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:03 am

I look farward you visit me IN POLAND ! :)
I have at least 2 EVs and I build these cars - so you can count me twice ;)

I suppose real visiting could be a problem, but if you like, you can call me and we can do some "interview" - I have some experience about it (media likes me - maybe because of my electric cars ;) )

JoanneB

Thanks

Postby JoanneB » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 am

Hi there 3Xe. Unfortunately my research is about UK drivers, or I would be over there to look at your vehicles in a flash!

Thanks anyway. :)

JoanneB

Re: Research into the real-world use of EVs

Postby JoanneB » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Hello, its me back again

Thanks to all my volunteers so far for the in-depth part of my research. It is going really well, aided by some very helpful people.

I also need some numbers to back up my findings and it would be much appreciated if EV drivers (those who are not taking part in the main part of my research) could complete an online survey. It's really user friendly and should take no more than about five minutes. It is completely anonymous and no individual can be identified. The survey is aimed at drivers of electric cars and vans, or plug-in hybrid cars and vans. If you have either of these vehicles in your household, please fill in the survey. There is no closing date, although the more responses I can get before the end of May 2010 the better. There is also no prize draw attached - sorry, am on a budget! I will however, love you all forever, even if I don't know who you are :)

The survey link is here - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J7TC2RZ

Pass it on!

Joanne

JoanneB

Postby JoanneB » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm

I have checked the survey and it seems to start on page two. If you are doing the survey online, when it opens up, please go back to page one to start it. Sorry about that. Ah well, I get what I pay for! Thanks very much.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Done 8)

Seems to start at page 1 OK now

Interesting questions I have to say in some of the sections :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

JoanneB

Postby JoanneB » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Ah yes, the page two thing was my fault. It should start at page one. Thanks for looking Chris. My nosey questions are nothing if not strange and interesting.

Joanne

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”