help help she no go

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Tom Thomson

help help she no go

Postby Tom Thomson » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Connected the last wire, rolled the E-Porsche out into the drive, flipped the switches, pushed on the not gas pedal and nothing. I am using an Alltrax 7245 but looking at a Curtis manual. It's all I have. The controller has 4 spade connectors for control but the manual shows only 3. Please tell me I picked the wrong ones.
tommyt

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:33 am

You need the correct manuals IMHO for a start. Otherwise you are risking serious damage/injury. :oops:

Any intial do the wheels go round test ought to be in the garage on axle stands in case it all goes horribly wrong :shock:
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:32 am

You can download the Alltrax manual from their website, here: http://www.alltraxinc.com/. These controllers are programmable from a PC, using a serial cable and the Controller Pro software that can also be downloaded from the Alltrax web site.

There are a multitude of configuration settings, covering throttle type, current limiting, half power reverse etc. It is essential that your controller is set up correctly for the throttle type you're using, as I think there are about five or six different options for that setting alone.

Jeremy

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”