berlingo electrique

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
robbymax

berlingo electrique

Postby robbymax » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:32 pm

hi i am the new boy just bought a 9 year old berlingo electrique. just done my first service charge thanks to EVLITE and i cant believe how good it is.
how did we allow this vehicle to be hiden so long i did't know this van existed until 8 weeks ago it is going to save me £100 a month.
terry
Last edited by robbymax on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mas

Postby mas » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:19 pm

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I knew the new owner would come out of the closet

Welcome :wink:

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:13 pm

A known new owner then ??

Yep the Bingo is in my opinion the BEST ev that money can buy currently.

As why they stopped selling them ......... normal problem......folk were not buying them at the price they wanted to sell them :roll: who wanted to pay an extra 6 or 7 k for a van that could only do 60miles every 7 or so hours :cry:

Oh and the fact they wanted you to lease the batteries :evil:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Is this true, Chris? I never saw (noticed?) the Electrique advertised during its ten year production life, and I certainly didn't approach Citroen to learn their leasing strategy.

I was under the impression, however, from the Ebay auctions and second hand sales that I have seen, that Peugoet Partners tend to have leased batteries (in the UK), but Citroen Berlingos do not have leased batteries.

Does this indicate the original lease was 'sold' along with the van at end-of-life (from the council fleets most vans came from) or that these vans had wholly-owned batteries to begin with?
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:56 pm

To be fair I'm not 100% sure, certainly I've seen some issues in the early days of Berlingos appearing on e-bay with leased battery problems :?

I did try to buy one of each when they first started to appear and got turned down point blank as I was not a utility company nor was I college or council :roll: as at the time thats all they would sell them to :evil:
Some dealers wouldnt even acknowledge the fact they where even ever made :shock:

In the end there was one dealership who would sell them to joe public, from memory I think it was in Reading, and one of the first folks to get one was the chap who also got a charge point installed outside his house in London but for the life of me I cant remember who it was ??

ChrisB

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:03 am

That would be Simon Roberts, then.

Here's what he says about obtaining his car:-
EV FAQ
Peugeot (Coventry, UK) are not selling their Peugeot 106 electric to individuals. How did you manage to get one?
An interesting one. I believe ours is the only privately-owned Peugeot electric in the country. Persistence and uniqueness. Of all the organisations active with EVs, CCCC was the only one involved with tackling the interesting issue of a charging point on the public footpath. Powershift seek to promote alternatively fuelled vehicles in commercial fleets. This means by LPG (liquid petroleum gas) and battery electric. Because Powershift awarded a grant, Peugeot regarded this as meaning CCCC was a fleet, a fleet of one.

So, not exactly a public sale. It's a wonder any escaped at all. I'm just glad to have it now.
Tim Crumpton

robbymax

Postby robbymax » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:37 am

mas wrote:ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I knew the new owner would come out of the closet

Welcome :wink:
i have never been in the closet what are you suggesting ?

mshep

Advice request by a new Berlingo owner

Postby mshep » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:24 pm

I am another new Berlingo owner, bought it only 3 weeks ago.............. and enjoying using it for local runs connected with my work around Milton keynes.

In response to the recent posting i wanted to ask about purchasing the EV lite device that enables you to do a maintenance charge. At present rate of use I reckon that I may need to do this around March 09, but I would like to get hold of the piece of Kit now if possible.

The next thing I wanted to share is my current problem. On some days I come when I start up in the morning I find between 5 and 7% power loss overnight. The explanation is that the water pump has been running continuously overnight.......... in fact it decided to do this over much of 25th/26th.

As its an intermittent problem I am tempted to deal with it by removing the main fuse when the vehicle is not in use. But I wondered if the pump was running due to a Ni/cd cell fault in which case killing the pump would obviously be a big mistake.

I would be most grateful for advice /suggestions about this

Michael Sheppard

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Sounds like a dead 12v Aux battery causing the DC-DC to kick in to try and maintain the Aux battery, check out the PSA section of the forum regarding changing the 12V :wink:

I'd do this fairly soon as you dotn want to burn out the DC-DC convertor :shock:

ChrisB

mshep

Postby mshep » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Chris.

I have 2 lines to investigate now, either the thermistor which controls the pump or the 12 volt as you suggest. The electricians where I work at Age Concern have the clever clamp on cable insulation current meters......so i could ask them to investigate what current is flowing when the pump is running.

Failing that I suppose I could try a discharge test on the 12 volt, maybe not a goodidea if its elderly and fragile.

Thanks again............michael sheppard

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”