XJ600 drag racer

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
philaedwards

XJ600 drag racer

Postby philaedwards » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:27 am

I introduced myself some time ago, but haven't really said a lot more about my drag race project. As we've nearly finished the "cleaning up the greasy bits" stage and I'm actually building the electric project it's probably appropriate to start a thread.

Just to catch up, I had an XJ600 sitting in the garage awaiting some attention. Somehow I decided that building a drag racer would make sense! No, I can't remember how my thought process got there...

So, I've posted a few pics below showing where we are. I've got this far with a lot of help from Steve at Jozzbikes, so thanks to him. I'm sure there's a lot more I ought to be telling you, but no doubt questions will follow...

Full story is in my signature link. Meanwhile here are a few pics.

XJ600 electric drag race project
Don't you love it when your project's "80% finished" ? It's so satisfying to know there's only 80% left to do...

PHEV

Re: XJ600 drag racer

Postby PHEV » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:58 am

Looking good Phil.

Any more progress?

Kind regards,

Steve
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Ducati SS twin Agni 80HP peak.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

philaedwards

Re: XJ600 drag racer

Postby philaedwards » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Steve, slow progress. I think Ben mentioned problem with getting hold of these nano-cells. Will call you next week to see what we can do as I'm itching to get building.
XJ600 electric drag race project
Don't you love it when your project's "80% finished" ? It's so satisfying to know there's only 80% left to do...

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”