Vectrix goes :-(

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
ChrisB

Vectrix goes :-(

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 am

Went to look up about the Vectrix last night and after a bit of rumaging discovered that it appears they have been put out to grass :cry:

Shame as I felt they made what I would say is a real EV, decent range it looked good and went well, somewhat over priced but then its new.

Dunno what will happen to the UK arm of it or the people who may have recently bought one ?? could make spares interesting in the future unless they used fairly stock parts I suppose ?

Might give the uk side a ring and find out what their plans are, as they arnt that far from me.

Interestingly while rumaging I found this
http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications ... _44374.htm

Some people eh :roll: whinging on about it not having a zero carbon blah blah blah , have folks got nothing better to do :roll:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 pm

That isn't a very fair conclusion is it?

We further considered that the claim "ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY" implied there would be no environmental damage when taking into account the full life cycle and use of the product, including both manufacturing and charging it. We reminded Vectrix that the Code stated this claim should not be used without qualification unless marketers could provide convincing evidence that their product would cause no environmental damage when taking into account the full life cycle of the product.

Environmentally friendly doesn't, in my reading, imply no environmental damage. It implies less damage or damage that is less long lived and mostly recoverable.

Using their definition of what 'environmentally friendly' implies would render the term unusable as everything, including the environment itself, causes some environmental damage.

Even a tree removes certain gases from the atmosphere and emits other gases that change the atmospheric balance a little. It also extracts organic and mineral compounds from the ground, stores it for a century or two before becoming a staircase in a house somewhere.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Your quite right, amazes me there are folks out there willing to stir up such twaddle for a company, when its quite obviouse what they mean, even to a idiot...... then again maybe not :lol:
And then dont forget the idiots in white coats who then try and apply such meaningless so called regulations, idiots the lot of them :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Hot off the press....”