Greensaver Batteries

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
MB

Greensaver Batteries

Postby MB » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm looking at diffeerent battery alternatives for my G-Wiz.

I love the idea of lithiums, but I don't love the price. Right now, I think I'd have the choice between a lithium-powered G-Wiz or a marriage, but not both.

So I've been looking at what else is available. I'm potentially interested in the Greensaver silicon-gel batteries. I've heard good things about these batteries from Urban Mover, who use them in the Lexola electric scooters they sell.

Silicon Gel batteries are supposed to be slightly lighter than lead acid batteries, have a much wider temperature range, cope with a much greater discharge and cope with a higher charging current than lead acid batteries. It all sounds very encouraging.

However, it is a big investment to make. Has anyone here got any experience of these batteries or would I be better off with replacing like with like?

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:28 pm

I've got them in my scooter but as it has been stood for over a year I've got to see if I can bring them back to life but so far they seem to be doing reasonably OK

I'll let you know what happens but unfortunately I've no road miles under my belt with them yet

emc-mark

Postby emc-mark » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Not sure if this is still of interest but I'm currently looking into an electric motorbike conversion and also have been set a budget which doesn't stretch to Lithiums.

I emailed ukecoscooters for a cost of replacement batteries on one of their scooters (1.4kw motor with 4 cells) and was quoted £75 - £95 for a pack of four cells of Silicone power batteries (not sure if these are the same as the greenpower ones) rated at 12v 28Ah (each battery). I was advised that they should last about 3+ years with 'normal' usage. This is a lower Ah than was recommended for my project (rec. was 55Ah - 60Ah for Lead Acid).

The Greenpower batteries got mixed reviews on the V for Voltage website when compared to standard LA AGM's.

Regards Mark

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Mike , I dont know what voltage the wiz runs at but again have you thought about Nicads .......here I go again ........ :lol: ...........STM100's

I have to admit that they are the best storage units I've encountered, easy to charge, not that fussy, and pack a punch 8)

Just hard to find :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “All things battery related”