Any info available on allied electric conversions

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
willfromsussex

Re: Any info available on allied electric conversions

Postby willfromsussex » Mon May 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Also thinking about getting one of these, did they convert any panel vans or just teepee (mpv) versions. Would like to see what sort of a job they did.

Wonder if Allied somehow managed to order them from the factory with no ICE parts. Makes you wonder.

icefree

Postby icefree » Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi,
i found this thread over on speak ev if you havn`t seen it,
https://speakev.com/threads/allied-e-ex ... ems.13883/
Looks like Allied support might be tricky,thank goodness for smaller EV companys and EV enthusiasts though.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat May 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Nice thread! Thanks for the link icefree.
Tim Crumpton

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi Guy's,

I took my Peugeot over to Mike (skooler) at Indra today to get some settings changed as it cuts out far too easily which can be dangerous with a row of traffic behind you up a hill! Anyway Mike was able to view the settings, but when it came to changing them, the system wanted a password! Mike said he's worked on quite a few of these Allied conversions and never encounter this request before. So the question is, does anyone know what its likely to be please, or how to do a workabout?

Thanks in advance

Steve

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Have you tried phoning them up in Glasgow?
Tim Crumpton

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi Tim,

Mike rang them while I was there. He had to send them an email of the vehicle details, however they didn't seem keen to help although he's spoken to them many times (The guy he wanted to speak to wasn't there at the time). I'm just trying to get some research done, just in case the email is not fruitful.

skooler

Postby skooler » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:43 am

we now have the password. they all appear to be colour based (e.g. red, green, blue etc)
Posts by Mike Schooling
Director and tech lead at indra.co.uk

Mazda RX8, Soliton Jr, 24KWH Sinopoly LiFePO4, Kostov 11alpha
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... 61556.html

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Whilst waiting to get the settings/password sorted out, my wife would no longer use the car due to the possibility of it causing an accident with it cutting out so suddenly.

I've now taken my vehicle back to Mike at Indra.co.uk for him to access the software on the drive controller. On the previous visit I had the car cut out twice trying to get over the Malvern hill's, luckily no cars right up behind me to annoy!

Mike changed the warning limit from 200A up to 250A. This so called warning limit is supposed to back off the current draw before cutting out, however the gap between warning and cut out was too close. He's now set the cut out current at 300A.

On the return journey home over the more steeper side of the Malvern hills I'm very pleased to say the car did not cut out (I tried to force it too), the current goes up to 250A then levels out. The car is now easier to drive and less stressful as your not having to monitor the current all the time.

I would have liked to have been able to change a ramp setting to get the acceleration better as its quite dismal, but Mike says it does not have one, hey ho.

All in all, very pleased with Mikes work.

Return to “All things battery related”