WHAT IS THIS MILK FLOAT AND WHAT BATTERIES?

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
BILLS

WHAT IS THIS MILK FLOAT AND WHAT BATTERIES?

Postby BILLS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi, I am a new member in the south of England, and almost completely ignorant of battery vehicle.
I have been asked to find out what batteries are required for a milk float, and at present don't even know its make or age.
It's driver perches behind flat front with a vertical steering wheel, on the left in front of the driver is a siwtch box. the body has a cabinet in the middle and open storage behind the driver and at the back.
It has 2 banks of batteries between the chassis with 7 cells in each bank and 1 bank outside the chassis each side, with 8 cells in each. Total 30 cells, so presumably 62 volts.
I would be very grateful for any information that might help. Who made it and when?.
It looks like there is an assortment of different battery technologies now, As this is presumably quite old can we use more modern batteries in it? what technology should we look for? How do we decide amphr rating required?.etc.etc.etc

Looks like I am on a voyage of discovery, should be interesting
Bill

GregsGarage

Re: WHAT IS THIS MILK FLOAT AND WHAT BATTERIES?

Postby GregsGarage » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi Bill, post some pictures and maybe someone will recognize it. It is not possible to upload photos directly to the forum, I use imageshack and then post the links.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

Return to “All things battery related”