Southport LiFePO4 dealer

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 pm

MalcolmB wrote: do you know roughly how much the Fiat weighs now?

Fiat weighs in at 650kg, 30kg above the published curb weight. 8)
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

wattson

Postby wattson » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi Everybody,
I have also started to go down this route & am in touch with a chinese company called Heter, www.heter.biz , & have just sent them Peugeots manuals on the 106 & Saxo electrique. So far they have come up with a price of 1500 dollars a pack. A pack consists of a battery management system, case & charger. It weighs 25 kilos & will run the 106.
I have sent them more details for them to double check their figures as I feel that they have not quite grasped what I am after, unless they have found a cheap source of dilithium crystals!
As I have no idea what I really need is there a volunteer wizz kid I can pester when these people send me technical stuff? I am hoping that what I get will be a kit that fits in the car & I just attach the wires as directed!
But I do have a simple mind...
All the best from a nice warm France.
Bent Berlingo

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:47 pm

wattson wrote:Hi Everybody,
I have also started to go down this route & am in touch with a chinese company called Heter, www.heter.biz , & have just sent them Peugeots manuals on the 106 & Saxo electrique. So far they have come up with a price of 1500 dollars a pack. A pack consists of a battery management system, case & charger. It weighs 25 kilos & will run the 106.
I have sent them more details for them to double check their figures as I feel that they have not quite grasped what I am after, unless they have found a cheap source of dilithium crystals!
As I have no idea what I really need is there a volunteer wizz kid I can pester when these people send me technical stuff? I am hoping that what I get will be a kit that fits in the car & I just attach the wires as directed!
But I do have a simple mind...
All the best from a nice warm France.

A 25 kilo pack is way to small for any car. Unfortunatly you are going to need to understand the technical stuff to help you determine if what they are telling you is good advice. A good place to start is http://www.evconvert.com/. Spend a lot of time going through that site should give you a better understanding of EVs.

Greg
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Sorry, Wattson, what 'route' is it you are planning to take?

This thread is (was) for those of us buying HiPower LiFePO4 cells from TYCtrack in Southport, England.

Greg is putting them in a Fiat 126, PeterP is putting them in a Toyota Prius, Russ Sciville is putting them in a Lotus Elise, and I am putting them in a Citroen Berlingo. As you can see, there is no one route we are taking.

Having said that, your intentions sound closest to mine. I plan to swap the NiCad blocks out and put a shed load of Lithium in its place. It is range I am after, whilst hopefully keeping the 60+mph of the original design. Coupling the BMS to the motor and controller is a headache I have so far put off.

What manuals was is you sent to your battery company? The owner's handbook, or something more technical?
Tim Crumpton

wattson

Postby wattson » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Great replies!
Although my knowledge is limited to red is plus I had figured that the weight quoted was either a great leap forward in technology or a mistake, but thank you for the web site because I really need guidance.
The route I am trying to take is to find a manufacturer who will make me a power pack that will replace the almost impossible to find Saft Nicads & fit into the Peugeot 106 without having to change the electrics much. You guys are very clever & build all sorts of things but I just want to make it easy to bring back to use all the electric cars that I see for sale here without batteries, like my 106.
Bent Berlingo

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 am

timpootle wrote:PeterP is putting them in a Toyota Prius

Wash your mouth out with soap Tim, a Prius indeed :x

A Honda Insight if you please :lol:

Nothing against the Prius though it's a clever design :wink:
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

milo0105

Postby milo0105 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:40 am

[quote="electricvehicles"]I really hope the manufacturer is wrong :?
This has been cut and pasted directly from their web site:

Capability Parameters:(unit)
Model HP¡ªP200Ah
Nominal Voltage 3.2V
Battery Capacity 200Ah
Internal Resistance ¡Ü0.25m¦¸
Cut-off Discharging Voltage ¡ÃÂ

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Hello Milo. What is your involvement with HiPower? The word 'stuff' got lost in translation.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. That means my pack weighs 1470 kg (204 x 7.2) ; this is what I thought. Suspension upgrades are on the drawing board!
Tim Crumpton

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:56 pm

timpootle wrote:Hello Milo. What is your involvement with HiPower? The word 'stuff' got lost in translation.

Stuff = staff

I spoke with a collegue of his this morning

arnolde

Postby arnolde » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:14 am

Tim,

what happened to your whopper purchase, has it now arrived?

Also, what happened to the group bulk purchase? Lots of advertising done and lots of participants, then the thread got closed and not one more word is lost about it???

I was just going to suggest a German group purchase, and show the UK one as an example, but without any feedback it won't be much of one...

regards,
Ethan

Return to “All things battery related”