50.4v 200aHour Thunder Sky batteries on eBay

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
MB

50.4v 200aHour Thunder Sky batteries on eBay

Postby MB » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:51 am

They're in Germany, but there is a pack of ThunderSky batteries for sale on eBay. The seller speaks perfect English (better than my German, anyway!).

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0234632741

And here is the English translation of what he's selling:

14 cells of 3.6V/200Ah, connected in series to provide 50V/200Ah

Only 85kg weight (lead acid rechargeable batteries with the same capacity weigh over 250kg!)

Includes single cell monitoring already installed, covering undervoltage (discharge), overvoltage (while charging) and cell equalization (normally about 250 EUR cost specially)

Information on these cells can be found at www.thunder-sky.com. LCP rechargeable batteries, type TS-LCP200-AHA.

I can send the datasheet on request.

Cells bought in 2006 and used twice to 50% state of charge. Otherwise they have been on the recommended maintenance load. The batteries are practically mint.

According to the importers, the new prices is around €7335, excluding customs costs, delivery and 19% import sales tax giving a total value of over €9000.

I give a one week guarantee that these batteries will provide at least 95% capacity (190Ah)

Perfect for battery replacements for City El, Reva, G-Wiz or other 48v vehicles on lithium (However, I can give no vehicle-specific assistance on this).

This type of battery has been used successfully since 2003. For example in Peter Perkin's Solar Van (google for 'Solar Van')

electricvehicles

Postby electricvehicles » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:49 am

Well spotted Mike :)
And thanks for doing the translation bit -- Cant get my head around German before 10.00 and 8 cups of Coffee :)

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:27 am

Wow. That's expensive.

Why?

I know that Reap will sell batteries at approximately* £1.20 per AH per battery. So that'd be £3360 for fourteen new cells. I think the ebay price is actually higher than that. Of course, you'd probably get the quicker from ebay as it takes a while for the cells to arrive from China...

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

milo0105

m

Postby milo0105 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:03 am

maybe you can consider about hipower lifepo4 battery.
www .chinabatteries.net

qdos

Re: m

Postby qdos » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:16 am

milo0105 wrote:maybe you can consider about hipower lifepo4 battery.
www .chinabatteries.net

Instead of repeatedly spamming us with "Look at our website" postings Would you please tell us why we should look at your site and consider your batteries.

Return to “All things battery related”