Another reason to avoid solar water heating ?

Do you make your own power ? be it Solar or Wind. Then this is a place for all home energy chat.
stormbird

Postby stormbird » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:33 am

Joe T wrote:I wonder how long it will be until we go over to one input, just cold like France and other European countries.

Also noticed on a lot of these appliances they now only have a soft touch type power on button, no good for timers etc, whats that about?
Thats the trouble with ordering online, now I have to stay up late just to turn it on for the Economy7 :oops:

Joe

We have come off economy 7 as we were told unless you use at least 50% of your electric on E7 then it is cheaper to be on a different tariff.

We have both Gas and Electric from EON and switching ourselves on line they claim we could save up to £300 , well that part needs proving !

regards Paul

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Does really depend on how they charge the tarriffs out, these days its sooooo complicated with x number of units being charged at one rate and another x number of units being charged at another rate its really hard to actually work out what the best tarrif is.

I tried a couple of these online tarriff's and I've yet to find one that makes it worth my time and hassle of switching, certianly if you've got an EV that uses gob loads to re-charge then I cant see any other tarrif beating it.

My Berlingo needs 20kwhrs over a 7hr period so its almost a no brainer, the Mrs runs the washing and dishwasher as well during these periods as well, my problem is no distroying the main 100A incomer :oops: although its not so bad now we're on Gas heating and dont have an electric shower.

Reminds me of the first time I blew up the 60A and the board came out and replaced it with a 80A , that lasted for 6 months before that went pop, so they went for a 100A saying if I needed more then they would have to put a whole new supply cable in :lol: :lol:

So I ripped out the storage heaters and went over to gas :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

salty9

Postby salty9 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 pm

booboo wrote:

Ho hum, there was a time when I was excited by large ,powerful motorcycles,then classic cars... now its washing machines - ageing is a cruel process..

like Reagan said "But, it's better than the alternative" :lol:

Return to “Home Energy Area”