Siemens EV motor on Ebay

General BVS related area
rustybkts

Siemens EV motor on Ebay

Postby rustybkts » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:44 pm

If anyone is interested, the same motor I have used in my Lotus Elise has been posted on Ebay.

The number is (270675116282) with a starting price of around £600.

I can give a lot of technical assistance to the purchaser and like the motor so much I am using another on my next project.

The equivalent new price will be around £4000 - 5000 and its power and size is suitable for almost any conversion.
EV Lotus Elise with 30/67Kw Siemens ex Ford Ranger motor
Sinclair C5 twin battery
2 x Zike bikes
Electric Ride On Mower (Lynch Power!)
Bosch beard trimmer

retepsnikrep

Re: Siemens EV motor on Ebay

Postby retepsnikrep » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 pm

Ohh i'll have a look tomorrow. What voltage and power do you run yours at?
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

rustybkts

Re: Siemens EV motor on Ebay

Postby rustybkts » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:43 am

The motor is listed as 250vac.
This requires a pack voltage of around 300v but my pack can drop to 230v and it is still OK.

I think it is good for an AC voltage of over 110vac.

It can rev to 12,000 rpm (400Hz) but I only use mine to 6,000 which in third gear is about 90mph.

Power is 30kW continuous and 67kW peak. I don't know how long it can hold the peak but being water cooled, it should be a while.
My 50Ah cells limit it to 30kW max.

I have all the motor's characteristics in my inverter parameters as it was set up by Evisol of the Netherlands, who I believe employed ex Siemens personnel.
These can be easily read if required.

Most modern inverters auto set but others may need the motor details to work properly.

I believe that a modern industrial inverter will easily adapt to EV use and have run one of these motors on the bench successfully, using an ex equipment inverter.

You just need to ensure it is a low voltage (208v) version rather than the normal 400v version as the DC bus is always about 20% higher.

To anyone interested, I have acquired loads of info regarding the motor which I will happily disseminate to the lucky purchaser.
EV Lotus Elise with 30/67Kw Siemens ex Ford Ranger motor
Sinclair C5 twin battery
2 x Zike bikes
Electric Ride On Mower (Lynch Power!)
Bosch beard trimmer

Return to “General”