Innovation and route to finance question

General BVS related area
kevinyeandel

Innovation and route to finance question

Postby kevinyeandel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi

I spent 2+ years looking deeply into all the problems of owning an electric car. I made a list and addressed 5 of 6 major show-stoppers.
I responded by inventing and patenting a device that would reduce risk of owning an electric car in terms of charging capability.
With a company in Canada it was built and it works. I *could* have it in operation tomorrow if it had a CE mark.

If it came to market it would certainly have a very positive effect on the sale of electric cars and would make the news - it's something manufacturers aught to be involved in.
It would make jobs and could be sold overseas.

I went to the Carbon Trust - they said it's "too early" and they were incapable of seeing that it was somewhat "enabling" the EV market. (!!!!!)

I contacted the Business Angels.... it was the same as several other big companies I visited: They want a ROI in under 3 years. Or at best, e.g. Tesco would likely get involved if BAA would get involved but BAA said come back in 12 months.

I went to a green energy company who sell themselves on their eco strengths but it was all about how quick they could get a return.

I've been totally honest and have 50K of my own money to invest.
I'm looking for 300K so I can buy in volume and properly market it. I have a very detailed yet conservative business plan (probably too conservative).

£300K on something that could make upwards of 10M in 6 years is a drop in the ocean to some people as well as a good investment. One of the problems is that it uses so many technologies to make it viable, few can take the time to understand and appreciate them (even though it works).

Though, having watched more4 last night "Who killed the electric car?" I'm beginning to wonder if a conspiracy exists due to the fact that $10T of oil is yet to be sold.

So if any EV car manufacturers or wealthy eco-warriors are reading this (believe me it's hard as hell to get in touch with the right people) please get in touch with me under non-disclosure.

Thanks

Kevin
01625 433386

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:02 am

Although we do not have large sums of money to invest ourselves - I do have a lot of experience of building a successful company without any outside investment.

We (www.x-eng.co.uk) were told when we started that to be successful we would need at least 100k working capital to get going - whereas we had about 5k of my money. However, often it's not true - a myth propagated by the people who want to lend you the money.

If it is a genuinely good idea - and you really do need the capital - I may know someone you should talk to.

Si

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:45 am

What is it?

Jon Fray

Postby Jon Fray » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:32 am

Return to “General”