2009 EVENTS v 2010 CALENDAR

General BVS related area
stuart mills

2009 EVENTS v 2010 CALENDAR

Postby stuart mills » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:30 pm

I hear photos are being sought for next years BVS calendar. Trouble is we haven't had the 2009 events yet, in fact are there any BVS track type events this year? I have posted a couple of times and nothing has come of my enquiries. Come to think of it I won the electrothon last year and never received the cup I was promised!
So members/public could be offered a 2010 calendar with 2008 pics or if the printing is delayed a few months then for a few more coppers it could be up to date ish.
Events would be a good place to put time into though surely.
No good sitting there thinking of excuses as to why not is it?
I offered free use of my track last year and had virtually no interest so I pulled the plug but I am willing to support any others that have the impetus to make a meeting happen.
Have truck, will travel.
So whats it going to be then, quiet chats in a pub or an EV quiet meet?
In terms of EV media awareness and exposure I guess the journo's would be more interested in the latter. Either way the calendar and this years events are both publicity tools aren't they, so why not put effort into both simultaneously?

retepsnikrep

Re: 2009 EVENTS v 2010 CALENDAR

Postby retepsnikrep » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:59 pm

stuart mills wrote:I offered free use of my track last year and had virtually no interest so I pulled the plug but I am willing to support any others that have the impetus to make a meeting happen.

Stuart, Sorry I must have missed this, what track, where, link?

I am trying to gather UK Insight owners for a weekends activity in the summer at the moment.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

stuart mills

Postby stuart mills » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:36 pm

My track is in Mansfield but it is only 1/2 a mile long.
I am testing a car at the drag strip in Stratford on Tues. They do good deals for small gatherings. Long Marston airfield if any one fancies looking into it, its also known as Shakespeare County Raceway.

Return to “General”