56%
No I wont
19%
I may do
25%

Total votes: 32

MB

Postby MB » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 am

The answer is to change the login for these forums.

It is a very simple thing to set up the login so that you can ask additional questions when people apply to join the forums.

One of these questions could be their BVS membership number.

The application to join the forums could then be checked by the membership secretary before people are allowed full membership.

Non BVS members could have access to some, but not all of the forums, whilst full BVS members could get access to the whole shebang.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

chatwindows

Membership renewal poll

Postby chatwindows » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:26 am

qdos. I made the comment because I felt it was innapropriate for a non member to aim critiscism at a club/group for which they stated that they could not be bothered to pay to support. It has nothing to do with welcoming other "paid" members. It is & always has been, much easier to critiscise rather than construct relationships. Good manners & civility are free.
A smile is much lighter than a chip on the shoulder.

My location is in Lichfield Staffordshire. My garage, house, & power plugs are available to any member wishing to avail themselves. The kettle does not use the same power point!
chatwindows.

markg

Postby markg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:22 pm

I think you will find that my first post in this thread was in direct response to the post above it about none members.

You will also find that I offered a constructive comment, which Chris has confirmed is in the offing.

social misfit

Postby social misfit » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:40 pm

qdos wrote:
"If one cannot be bothered to cough up £15.00 to be a member, then I would respectfully suggest, that one should keep ones own opinions out of these forum pages".

I agree with that.

Now this is a good example of what I mentioned elsewhere on the forum regarding the welcoming nature of the BVS.

Hardly very inviting is it?
agreed

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:00 pm

The forum is great for some things.
But it does take some self control to check if, when I write something, I would be happy to say it to their face.

Return to “General”