motor drive ?

General BVS related area
richard

motor drive ?

Postby richard » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Spent loads of time watching various loads of video's on U Tube but on taking the hydraulic pump fitting off the motor i am to use for my home conversion ( not yet got a manual car ) i have found the end of the motor shaft to be no more than a drive peg sort of thing. i have seen load using lovejoy connectors, but not yet seen anything or anyone who has tackled one of these.
I was considering using part of the pump bolted back on to stabilise this and then may be gety the centre of the clutch plate on the yet to get car, welded to it.
If someone can explain in english how to inset a picture i will show you it.
Anyone any ideas on this or other choices.
Richard. [/img]

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:44 am

Help on the images

First your image needs to be online. Put it somewhere like Flickr if you don't have your own website

Then you need the URL of the image (URL = web address of the image, right clicking on an image on a webpage usually gives you access to this information, it depends what browser you are using as to the specific details to get it)

Then in your posting here you put the image tags around the URL of the image

you need to open the tag first, then put the URL, then close the tag

Code: Select all

[img]URL of the image[/img]

So for example to place the BVS logo in the posting here I type

Code: Select all

Here is the BVS Logo

[img]http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk/forums/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif[/img]

which becomes:-

Here is the BVS Logo

I've made this very brief as hopefully you have a bit of a grasp of using some code If not let us know and we'll try to explain in more detail.[/code]

richard

Postby richard » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Cheers and I thought it was hard to post a picture on locostbuilders, i will see if I can get a 8 year old to show me. No serously thanks for your time and i will find out what flickr is. I was considering trying to get a web site of my own, but as i am more used to playing with petrol engines and alike i will have to see what i can do.
Richard. :D

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:52 pm

It's actually pretty easy and I think it's the same system on Locostbuilders too

Flickr is found here www.flickr.com but there's plenty others

Don't tell anyone but I used to play round with petrol engines too built my first petrol powered car at 17 :wink: still building cars 25 years later
Last edited by qdos on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richard

Postby richard » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:55 pm

try this then.

Hope this works.

or

does anyone know how to attach this shaft to a drive for a input shaft on a gearbox as i do not think i have seen a lovejoy that would fit this.
Richard.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Whey hey I knew you could do it !!!!

richard

o so thats how its works.

Postby richard » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:07 pm

cleaver people these japs.
All i need now is an answer.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:16 pm

I was given an answer once. I was told I wouldn't like it. 42 I was told! So now I just hang round here parking cars instead.........

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:39 pm

I'd think your best bet would be to get the reverse version machined up so it could attach to your drive.

Or possibley butcher the pump for the other end.

What size is the motor, electrically, just my remembering of the pump motors on forklifts they actually were not that big ?

Thanks Qdos for showing Richard the img codeing :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

richard

Postby richard » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Cheers Chris B, I do have the reverse fitting already and was seriouslyconsidering using this but it is just a slide on fitting on the peg as it is only designed to run a pump and will need a shaft attached to the rear of this and some how kept on the motor shaft. You know how hard it is to discribe these things, i have drawn up a design but did not want to either re-invent the wheel or do the wrong thing if others have a proved method, but by the lack of response it seems i may be in a small group of people who have seen some thing like this.
Regarding the spec of the motor it is 80 volt, 15 KW, 220 Amp. 2000 rpm.The motor without the pump is about 10 diameter and 14 inch long.
I do know you can safely overvolt motors a fair degree, but do not how this affects the kw, i would prefer to keep it to spec and hope to be able to use this for to and from work on mainly flat roads at 30 mph for a small 4 door town car, hoping to do this very low cost and not want to have to buy a motor.
I would welcome your opinion.
The main traction motor in the forklift is about 12 diameter and a monster, i was going to remove it incase i could sell it on but it is only 12.5 kw, 180amp and 1150 rpm.
Hoping to use the control gear from the traction side to run this pump motor, but realise that there may be a speed contol issue to consider as the forklift only went at normal speed all be it through a reduction box for the main traction motor.
Richard.

Return to “General”