Top Gear

General BVS related area
MB

Top Gear

Postby MB » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 am

The new series of Top Gear is back on our screens later on this month, and they'll have a G-Wiz on the show. The car that Top Gear loves-to-hate will be in a feature in a race, driven by James May.

The last time a G-Wiz was shown on Top Gear, we saw a huge upsurge in traffic on the G-Wiz Owners Club web site and a number of new members joined. Of these new members, one now owns a G-Wiz and another owns an electric bike. Neither of them knew of the existence of electric cars before the show.

I don't know exactly when the show is going to be aired, but I'll let you know when it is.

hailstorm

Postby hailstorm » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 am

I wonder what the chances of it surviving will be. The first one they trashed by driving it into a table and the second time round they blew up the car. It would be nice to see the new G-Wiz i on there.

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:33 am

It's a bit like hang gliding / paragliding. I used to be an instructor and a club coach and you could guarantee every time matey landed in the boxing ring, at Buck house, or someone killed themselves there would be 70 more victims (whoops I mean keen members of the public) desperate to try and learn that weekend.

Unless you're Lancia there is no such thing as bad publicity really :wink: I'm quite sure though TG will tear it to shreds and take the mick out of James. It's all rather predictable but I still love watching it. It's almost the only show on telly worth seeing these days

A bit like the Delorean and Back To The Future, where would the GWiz be without Jeremy Clarkson ? Would the public know about them ?

MB

Postby MB » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Well, they don't destroy it. The car is sitting downstairs in the car park now.

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Any splinters this time ? :wink:

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:25 pm

Someone with a fast EV should challenge TG to a lap time around their track. That might be a good way to show what EVs are capable of.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Might just do that one day but of course they would get a Veyron out to be sure they won

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:43 pm

You would only need to add a respectable lap time against their other cars. If it bettered the Stig in their current 'reasonably priced car' then that would show them.

hailstorm

Postby hailstorm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:59 pm

I'd like to see Top Gear do one of their features on the Tesla Roadster. Be nice to see how it goes around their track.

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:37 pm

I just saw an episode of Top Gear with the Ferrari Enzo, named after the founder of the company. Clarkson stated that if Lotus did the same thing their new model would be a Lotus Colin.
If you consider though that Lotus models always begin with an 'E' then I think they should introduce an electric vehicle called the Ecolin.
Peter.

Return to “General”