London To Brighton next week!

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:04 pm

Right,

Here's the entire route.

The 2007 BVS London to Brighton Run.

If you are using this map DO NOT CLICK ANYWHERE ON THE MAP - you may accidentally modify the route! If you do click by accident then don't worry: Close the browser window, reclick the link and all will be well!

I would suggest printing off the route and the map if you don't have John's version or perhaps keeping both. You can zoom in using the google map zoom but be careful not to modify the route ;)

The first waypoint on the map midway point (Unnamed road) by the railway about 11 or so miles in is the first charging point; this stop is an emergency stop for those who need it. I suspect not everyone will stop there. It does depend I think on weather etc. I may very well stop if it's chucking it down as my car doesn't go quite so far in the rain!

The second stop on the map - in Hancross high street, is the Lunch Stop. It's the second waypoint on the google route. We'll have a good few hours charge there and will be having our lunch there. It's going to be in the Village Hall next to the Fountain Inn - I suspect we just need to look for the bright flags in the Fountain Inn and then go past it to the Village Hall!

The next bit of the route is mainly back roads. There are numberous waypoints on the map simply so I could get the route to display correctly.

The Fifth Waypoint on the map is just before some crossroads on beacon road. 50 yards before the crossroads there is apparently an emergency charge stop if anyone needs it. Of course, I hope I've got this right, but it is just before the big climb onto the beacon so I think I'm right :)

The last bit should put you up in the Marina Village!

I made it 53.9 miles, but John made it slightly less.

Would anyone like this as a GPS route? I could see if I could get it working on TomTom?

Nikki.

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:13 pm

Whey hey Nikki where did you get that come from :? I havent got anything yet from JC ??

Still dont know if I'll be able to play but wouldnt mind a tom tom version just incase .

Chris
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi Nikki,

I managed to get hold of John last as well.

Please note that John's number is incorrect. Nikki I didn't keep the number that you IM'd me. Can you post the correct one here again.

If you are coming and need a charge anywhere then please let John know as there seems to be a limited amount of charging available.

I admin that I have have a vested interest ;-) As I am doing London-Brighton-Basingstoke I will need all the charges I can get. If we run out of charging capacity it will be a very long night for me. Even stopping off at a pub between Brighton and Basingstoke to recharge as well.

Regards,
Rob

Tam

Postby Tam » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:38 am

I plan meet you all at the lunch stop in Handcross, and will then follow down to Brighton, ready to assist / tow, or whatever. I will give out my mobile number at the Fountain in Handcross.

My house is only one mile from the Folders Lane / B2112 junction, north of Ditchling. I am very happy for anyone to meet me there and come to my place to charge up on the day, ready for the big pull up Ditchling Beacon. It is stunningly long and steep - anyone who gets their EV up it will deserve a medal and a lie-down in a darkened room. (I'm sure you will all make it of course!!).

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:59 am

arsharpe wrote:Hi Nikki,

I managed to get hold of John last as well.

Please note that John's number is incorrect. Nikki I didn't keep the number that you IM'd me. Can you post the correct one here again.

If you are coming and need a charge anywhere then please let John know as there seems to be a limited amount of charging available.

I admin that I have have a vested interest ;-) As I am doing London-Brighton-Basingstoke I will need all the charges I can get. If we run out of charging capacity it will be a very long night for me. Even stopping off at a pub between Brighton and Basingstoke to recharge as well.

Regards,
Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, John's Number is: 01273 502223.

Well, the weather looks as if it may be okay for the weekend. I'm certainly now getting myself ready as well as the car!

I can't stress the importance of having lots of supporters, support drivers and spare generators!

If you have a generator PLEASE bring it.
There will be several support cars on the day so hopefully we'll be okay for carrying them etc :)

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:37 am

Tam wrote:I plan meet you all at the lunch stop in Handcross, and will then follow down to Brighton, ready to assist / tow, or whatever. I will give out my mobile number at the Fountain in Handcross.

My house is only one mile from the Folders Lane / B2112 junction, north of Ditchling. I am very happy for anyone to meet me there and come to my place to charge up on the day, ready for the big pull up Ditchling Beacon. It is stunningly long and steep - anyone who gets their EV up it will deserve a medal and a lie-down in a darkened room. (I'm sure you will all make it of course!!).

Excellent! Thank you Tam we look forward to meeting you at Handcross.

I do know of a route which could be used to avoid Ditchling Beacon. Not sure why we are going that way to be honest but it's not as long a haul as you made out although yes it's steep I used to fly off it with my Hang Glider so I know it fairly well. :)

Tam

Postby Tam » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:44 am

I look forward to seeing you qdos!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:55 pm

Game on ImageImageImage

I'm doing the L&B run 8)

JC's coming to pick me and the blingo up at some ridiculouse time Sunday morning :shock:

So I'll be seeing all you mad lot their from about 8am :shock: , I'll be bringing my 2Kva genny with me as well for the smaller chargers :wink:

Suppose I better give it a clean and take all the rubish out the back :oops:

EDIT just had a thought, if anyones got any of those little PMR radios it might be an idea to bring them along as most have a range of a mile or so , that way we can select a channel and be able to keep in touch 8)
I've got two radios

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:31 am

EXCELLENT Chris !!! :D

Radios could be fun I've got 2m radio but of course no one else will have one unless they fly hang gliders / paragliders I suspect :cry:

Looks like we got ourselves a convoy good buddy 10:4

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:37 am

I've got some radios - 2 way jobbies :)

They have a range of about 2km but our last road outing with them wasn't a success! :)

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

Return to “Events”