Site dedicated to electric milk floats

Do you know of a good www. site or similar ? post a link to the site here.
anachrocomputer

Site dedicated to electric milk floats

Postby anachrocomputer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:53 pm

This site claims that the world speed record for electric milk floats is 73MPH:

http://www.milkfloats.org.uk/
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino
1992 Mini-El electric bubblecar

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Wow only done in 2003 ??

I remember this being done and thought it was back in the 90's :?

I'm pretty sure the BVS did an article on it in the reveiw, I'll see if I can find it .

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Peter Eggleston

Fastest milk float

Postby Peter Eggleston » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:32 pm

I was at Bruntingthorpe airfield in Leicestershire for this event when the world record was set in August 2003. At the time I wrote a full report for Battery Vehicle Review but it was not printed.
The record was set as part of a short film made by Wellington Films in which my milk float was also featured. The record was set by a milk float that was specially built for the purpose by Blue Bird but was not a road going vehicle.
I still believe that my float is the fastest road going float.
Peter

qdos

Re: Fastest milk float

Postby qdos » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:29 am

Peter Eggleston wrote:I was at Bruntingthorpe airfield in Leicestershire for this event when the world record was set in August 2003. At the time I wrote a full report for Battery Vehicle Review but it was not printed.

That's a shame, why was it not printed ? A world record on British soil by an electric vehicle.... I also assume you were a member of the BVS at the time ?

I can remember something about it too being on the news though I think Ive seen a couple of things about milk floats going very very fast. A friend of mine knows the chap that builds these crazy vehicles such as the road legal sofa which I've seen him driving on the M3 and the potting shed which was on Top Gear a while back. I saw him building the world's lowest road legal car last year at Beaulie. They always get lots of publicity

Return to “Links”